- Last Updated on Thursday, 04 February 2016 10:55
The objective of the Campus is to train and equip young Kenyans with skills in various trades so that they can eventually be self employed or seek formal employment. The University’s courses are tailored to equip our graduates with leading edge skills for the workplace. Already, many of our graduates are exposed to new employment opportunities by working on 'live' projects during their study, or through course related placements. The relevance of our programmes is maintained through our ongoing relationships with research organizations, banks, industrial partners, local and foreign institutions.
The first batch of 119 students was admitted in the year 2002.Over the years, the Campus has continued to review its courses to cope with the market demand. The formal transition from a centre to a campus became a reality when the first batch of fulltime undergraduate students enrolled. A total of 35 pioneer students were admitted to pursue a Bachelor of Commerce degree. Through subsequent intakes in May 2009 and September 2010, the campus had grown not only to a total of 300 students pursuing Degrees and Diplomas through the ODel, fulltime and part time modes of study, but also occupied the whole of Tabby plaza .The campus received a major boost with the admission of the pioneer postgraduate students for Master of Business Administration (MBA) in September, 2010. This campus expansion program has been tremendous with the support of the Director and a dedicated team of 27 staff members.
Director Nyeri Campus
Deputy Director Nyeri Campus
Kenyatta University Cisco Networking Academy (Nyeri Campus) wishes to advertise Full time & Part-time courses in IT Essentials, CCNA 1-4 and CCNA Security for those who have trained in CCNA 1-4.
- To promote the development and expansion of higher education opportunities through initiation of new programmes, embracing alternative modes of delivery using modern technologies.
- To match changing market needs through continuous review of the existing programmes.
- To enhance the level of participation in research, dissemination and preservation of knowledge for both academic and societal development.
- To promote human resource development and proactive management practices, as well as good governance, to enhance efficient and effective service delivery.
- To provide an environment that nurtures excellence and high standards of professionalism in teaching, learning, research and community service.
- Create equal opportunities for those qualified to pursue university education.
- To institutionalize quality assurance practices in planning, implementation and evaluation of the University’s core functions in order to meet the set goals.
- To promote the development of the students’ welfare systems for the attainment of academic excellence and an all-round education.
- To provide facilities in collaboration with other approved institutions to enhance access to higher education.